GS1 Turkey had been operating under the “Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey” between 1988 and 2016. As of September 2016 we got separated from the Union and established as a non-profit foundation.
As the union is the founder of the foundation, Mr. HİSARCIKLIOĞLU is the President of the Board of Trustee of GS1 Turkey.
M. Rifat Hisarcıklıoğlu earned his B.A. degree in Economics and Management from Gazi University in Ankara. After completing his undergraduate degree, his career started in family business and currently he is the Chairman of Eskihisar Group of Companies, which operates in the fields of construction, construction materials, export and import, investments, land development, food industry and automotive sector.
After a one year vice-presidency period at The Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB), the largest non-profit business organization in Turkey, covering 365 Chambers and Commodity Exchanges and representing 1.5 million companies, Hisarcıklıoğlu was elected as the President of TOBB in 2001 and was re-elected respectively in 2002, 2005, 2009, 2013 and 2018.
Hisarcıklıoğlu holds many titles in various organizations:
- Vice President of EUROCHAMBRES (2009-…)
- Vice President of the Islamic Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (2009-…)
- Chairman of B20 Turkey (2015-…)
- General Council Member of World Chambers Federation (2011-…)
- ICC G-20 Advisory Group Member (2011-…)
- Chairman of ICC-Turkey (2001-…)
- Board Member of the Association of Balkan Chambers (2002-…)
- Board Member of ECO Chamber of Commerce and Industry (2001-…)
- President of D-8 Chambers of Commerce and Industry (2017-2019)
- Co-President of the Turkish- African Chamber (2008-…)
- Vice President of the Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (2014-…)
- Honorary Chairman of the Silk Road Chamber of International Commerce (2015-…)
- Co-President of the Turkish-Arab Chamber (2016-…)
- Chairman of the World SME Forum (2015-…)
- Honorary President of TOBB Women Entrepreneurship Council (2007-…)
- Honorary President of TOBB Youth Entrepreneurship Council (2009-…)
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees TOBB University of Economics & Technology (2003-…)
- Chairman of the Economic Policy Research Foundation of Turkey (2004-…)
- Co-Chairman of the EU - Turkey Joint Consultative Committee (2016 -…)
- High Advisory Board Member of UNICEF National Committee of Turkey (2005-…)
Hisarcıklıoğlu has received the Legion of Honour by the French Republic, Gold Medal of Merit by the Austrian Republic, the 'Commendatore' from the Italian Republic, the Medal of Inspiration from Mongolia, Medal for Development of Friendship and Cooperation from Kazakhstan and the Mediterranean Leadership Award by the John Hopkins University, USA.
Hisarcıklıoğlu was awarded with the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber Gold Medal, Medal of Honor from the Assembly of French Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Honorary Membership Award from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania, Medal of Honor by Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Medal of Honor by Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Gratitude Award from the Islamic Chamber of Commerce and Industry.