We have appointed two hotels that offer competitive rates to all attendees. A limited number of rooms are reserved. Book early, prices are based on availability.
Venue & recommended hotel
Dolce La Hulpe Brussels is located in the midst of the Sonian Forest which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Not only is it a state-of-the-art conference centre, but there are also a wide range of amenities to support your health and wellness. It’s just a 30 minutes drive outside of the Brussels City Centre and Brussels Airport.
Location: Dolce La Hulpe Brussels 35, Chaussée de Bruxelles, B-1310 La Hulpe, Belgium
Local Phone: +32 (0) 2 290 98 00
GS1 room block: 145 Sunday/175 weekdays EUR/night ++: Available dates for this rate: Sunday, May 22 to Thursday, May 26
Includes: breakfast, free WiFi, access to wellness centre (fitness center, indoor swimming pool, sauna, hammam)
Upgrades, additional nights and spa amenities: Contact Anne Monnom at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, after making your reservation. View ammenities and things to do on the event website here.
Reservation Policies: Cancel 24 hrs. prior to arrival by 6pm to avoid 1 night charge plus tax. Reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card.
Alternate hotel nearby
Located 15 minutes drive from the GA venue, the Ibis Brussels Waterloo hotel offers comfort and convenience at an economical price.
Ibis Hotel Brussels Waterloo
Boulevarad Henri Rolin 5A – 1410 Waterloo, Belgium
Single room: 86,90 EUR, includes breakfast
Double room: 97.90 EUR, includes breakfast
Check in: 15:00 | Check out: 12:00
Health/Safety procedures & pandemic-related requirements
It is the responsibility of the registrant to determine travel requirements and to comply with them to enter Belgium and to return to your home country.
GS1’s priority is the health and safety of our attendees, employees and staff working the General Assembly 2022.
In partnership with the Dolce La Hulpe Brussels, GS1 will adhere to any venue or location-specific regulations as well as the official government guidance. We will continue to monitor the ever-evolving situation and guidelines so please check back regularly and before you attend the conference for the latest guidance.
All delegates, speakers and invited guests must wear their badges at all events and optional activities of the GS1 General Assembly.
Extra measures we are taking to help protect your health and safety
- Food & Beverages: All meals will be served single-plate style, no buffets. For this reason, we cannot offer a variety of food to choose from at each occasion. The menues will be the same for everyone, unless you have a dietary restriction and note this in your registration. We will do our best to meet your dietary needs. If you have not yet noted your dietary restrictions in your registration, you must do so before Friday, May 13th (end of day Brussels time). Click here to revise your registration.
- All meals and receptions, when possible will be held outside.
- Seating for all activities will be spaced approximately 1 meter distance apart.
- We will provide contactless registration onsite for you to pick up your badge. You will need your registration confirmation email in order to print your badge. We will email this to you the week before the event.
Strong recommendations for all in-person participants
- Take one COVID self-test daily (tests are available at the GS1 desk)
- If you test positive for COVID, OR if you have symptoms, stay in your hotel room. Do not join the event in-person; participate via the virtual platform. Notify us at email@example.com for assistance.
- Wear a mask when you cannot maintain a social distance of 1 meter. (Masks are available at the GS1 desk.)
- Greet with elbow bumps only! (No handshakes, no kisses, no hugs.)
- Wash and sanitise hands regularly.
These are the current requirements and they are subject to change if local or national regulations change, and in that case we will notify you by email and on this website.
Getting to the venue
Location: Dolce La Hulpe Brussels 135, Chaussée de Bruxelles, 1310 La Hulpe, BE
Direct: 32 (0) 2 290 98 00
Brussels Airport transportation options (approximately 30 min 45 min. drive by car)
Brussels South Charleroi Airport (approximately 30 min 45 min. drive by car)
The GS1 General Assembly registration and hospitality desk, is located in the main hall near the hotel reception desk. Watch for signs in the lobby pointing you to the location. Our friendly team will help you with your badge, and information about the week.
GS1 registration and hospitality desk opening hours:
- Monday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Tuesday: 08:00 – 18:00
- Wednesday: 08:00 – 17:45
Welcome reception: Business wear
Management Board dinner: Business wear
Meetings & sessions: Business wear
Tuesday & Wed. Networking Dinners: business wear (no tie)
Optional sightseeing tours: Casual w/comfortable shoes
Check the weather forecast for Brussels in May.
Belgium operates on 230 volts, 50 Hz, with round-prong European-style plugs (type E). Remember to bring your adaptors.
All times shown on the Programme are Central European Time (UTC+1)